Thursday, September 25, 2008
Raya.. Raya.. Raya.. Cant wait to get back to my home town.. and enjoy all those ketupat, lemang, rendang, serunding (d one i like most.. huhuhu..) and lots and lots of cookies esspecially cornflakes, almond london and my mum hand-made chocolate cake.. Ermm.. yummy.. yummy...
So long friends and folks.. Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.. Maaf Zahir and Batin..
Drive safely yer masa balik kampung.. I will also be driving back home to penang on this tuesday.. Hopefully there will be no traffic jem.. Yeah...
Thursday, September 11, 2008
1. All charred food, which create heterocyclic aromatic amines, known carcinogens. Even dark toast is suspect.
2. Well-done red meat. Medium or rare is better, little or no red meat is best.
3. Sugar, both white and brown–which is simply white sugar with molasses added. (See Care2’s Directory of Natural Sweeteners for great, healthy alternatives.)
4. Heavily salted, smoked and pickled foods, which lead to higher rates of stomach cancer.
5. Sodas/soft drinks, which pose health risks, both for what they contain–sugar and various additives–and for what they replace in the diet–beverages and foods that provide vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
6. French fries, chips and snack foods that contain trans fats.
7. Food and drink additives such as aspartame.
8. Excess alcohol.
9. Baked goods, for the acrylamide.
10. Farmed fish, which contains higher levels of toxins such as PCBs.
taken from :- www.care2.com